The Girls Learning Code and Kids Learning Code teams seek to build a group of exceptional volunteer Youth Engagement Mentors for our 2017 Summer Camps in Toronto!
During these camps, we will reach 320 girls and boys ages 7-13 years old with our exciting programming. We are looking for volunteers who are available for one or more weeks of camp!
Our camp programming includes the following week long camps:
- Jul 10-14: Gamemaking Camp for Kids 10-13 at MaRS, 101 College St
- Jul 17-21: Webmaking Camp for Girls 10-13 at MaRS, 101 College St
- Jul 24-28: Gamemaking Camp for Kids 7-9 at MaRS, 101 College St
- Aug 8-11: Digital Artmaking Camp for Girls 7-9 at MaRS, 101 College St
- Aug 14-18: Gamemaking Camp for Girls 7-9 at FreshBooks, 1655 Dupont St
- Aug 14-18: Webmaking Camp for Kids 10-13 at MaRS, 101 College St
- Aug 21-25: Entrepreneurship Camp for Kids 7-9 at Launch Zone, 341 Yonge Street
- Aug 21-25: Entrepreneurship Camp for Girls 10-13 at MaRS, 101 College St
Youth Engagement Mentors will work with a group of 4 kids throughout the week-long camp experience. You will be your team’s first point of contact for all activities. You will mentor and guide your campers through their camp experience and will be a positive tech role model. Technology experience not required but a positive attitude is!
Mentors will support camp staff with camp organization, activity planning, camper engagement, field trips and other aspects of camp.
You’re the perfect candidate for this roles if you:
- Want to change the world and have fun doing it
- Want a rewarding experience, encouraging a love of technology in children
- Want to learn skills that you’ll need for every job you’ll ever have
- Are dependable and always ready for a challenge
- Are outgoing and can walk into a room full of strangers and introduce yourself
- Have a passion for technology and want to learn more skills