Ladies Learning Code is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Program Coordinator for our Youth programs. We’re looking for an organized, ambitious and energetic person that loves helping others to join us on a 1 year contract. We need someone who would like nothing more than to make it their mission to engage kids and youth in the exciting world of technology; opening their minds to the possibilities of careers in tech and how tech can help them change the world.
Our Youth Program Coordinator will support the Youth Program Leads with the execution of engaging and organized program and projects. Your understanding of time-management best practices and tools, along with your charisma and energetic nature, will ensure you are able to keep our program on-the ball and organized and executing fun events.
You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You need to be the type of person that is obsessed with organizing your schedule in order to successfully handle requests and track your time. You love technology and learning new tools, and you have a knack for it.
- Supporting with youth program development
- Event logistics and coordination: support with planning, management, execution and promotion of our workshops and events using tools like Eventbrite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Slack and Basecamp.
- Support Program Leads with administrative tasks, as needed
- Volunteer management
- Marketing and promotion: promote the youth program and play an active role in building the membership community, social media and communications support
- Attending all youth events
- Brand and community management
- Partner management: communicating and making arrangements with program partners
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- You are charismatic, positive and energetic
- You are confident and comfortable supervising groups of youth and volunteers
- You have strong phone and email communication skills. You use proper grammar and spelling!
- You are passionate about learning environments
- You have excellent adaptability skills, are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are self-directed and need little supervision
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are superbly organized and enjoy list-making
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts.
- You can manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are reliable, honest, and trustworthy and have strong integrity
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job
- You have first aid training and child and infant CPR (if you don’t have it already, it will be required that you get it prior to your start date).
Work hours and environment
Work hours are flexible, with a mix of in-person team work sessions and meetings, managing programs and event execution. The environment will be that of an alternative, open workspace. This role reports to the Ladies Learning Code Director of Youth Programming.