This role pertains to the development of software and maintenance of systems, primarily for the G Adventures website (www.gadventures.com). Working on the web team, you will develop the primary web applications driving the website – including the booking engine, product pages, search, and customer accounts. Ensuring system stability, uptime, performance, and customer satisfaction are key metrics for your success.
- Work with internal departments to identify operational and sales requirements
- Write short specs and prototypes to test new ideas
- Apply best practices to provide enjoyable user experiences
- Manage and launch django applications used for serving our online direct travellers
- Write unit tests for the new code you create
- Ensure your code is designed with maintainability in mind
- Know and follow PEP8
- Assist with providing operational infrastructure which maximizes uptime, prevents customer facing issues, and secures customer data
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Monitor ongoing performance of all web properties
- Work with other software teams to improve system communications and performance
- Research new or existing technologies that would benefit internal or external customers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Front and backend knowledge
- Programming experience in an open source environment
- Understanding of the full web stack – from server to browser
- Python knowledge is an asset; Django even better. If you don't know either, start learning now and we'll see how far you've come in the interview.
- SQL familiarity; you can hand code moderately complex SQL queries, but only when needed
- A short list of new technologies that you’re excited about and would like to learn
- University bachelor's degree in computer science or related experience
How to apply:
Please apply directly here: https://gadventures.wufoo.eu/forms/employment-application-canada/
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Canada.
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.