CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The CIBC Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality, innovative, and secure solutions that help our bank be the leader in client relationships. CIBC has a long history of technology firsts, and has been recognized for excellence in online and mobile banking functionality and innovation in payments by leading industry organizations. We’re building easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions that allow us to meet our clients’ changing needs.
As a Senior Manager Front-End Web Development, you will join CIBC’s Online Development team within Distribution Technology & Channel Strategies to manage a team of 8-12 front end web developers. You will be responsible for building and supporting Ember (Single Page Architecture) web applications for tier 1 critical Online banking applications supporting major lines of businesses.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee the development, testing and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
- Define and manage resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improve quality, and ensure 'best practice' development techniques.
- Work with client departments in development, testing and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business by advising application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
What We’re Looking For
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in Single Page Architecture (SPA) and the ability to guide, coach, provide estimations, and technical guidance
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience leading web development teams
- Must have the ability to present information to groups with appropriate degree of formality
- Must have the ability to address training & career development needs of individuals, teams, or organization
Nice to Haves
- Agile development methodologies
- Accessibility Standards – WCAG
- Transactional applications – high traffic, complex applications
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
What CIBC Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a team that continues to advance CIBC as the market leader in innovative technology
- An environment where you can build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broadening your technical knowledge and expertise
- An organization that focuses on managing and developing talent with exceptional training, rotational experience, exposure, and mentorship opportunities
- The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and our bank
- Workplace accommodation solutions and assistive technologies that remove functional barriers
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and employee banking benefits
- The opportunity to be involved in CIBC community investment and corporate sponsorship events such as Run for the Cure,
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role