CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The CIBC Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality, innovative, and secure solutions that help our bank be the leader in client relationships. CIBC has a long history of technology firsts, and has been recognized for excellence in online and mobile banking functionality and innovation in payments by leading industry organizations. We’re building easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions that allow us to meet our clients’ changing needs.
What You’ll be Doing
- Development and lead activities for cibc.com web projects, with medium to large-scale degrees of complexity
- Core contributions on architectural decisions for online product applications.
- Leadership/mentoring to the development team in areas related to web development standards, code reviews, content management systems, databases, processes, and web technologies in general
- Training and development of peer developers on web development and CIBC development processes
- Thorough analysis of project business requirements, provide gap analysis and closing all gaps
- Contribute to best-practices, coding standards and code reviews of peers’ work, including web accessibility standards, maintenance, security concerns, browser compatibility, performance & size for all web development
- Documentation and presentation of all project solution design, CIBC standards, best-practices is necessary
- Proactively schedule to accommodate timelines, collaborate with other team members assigned to the same project, actively communicate issues to team leads and project managers
- Participate in post-implementation reviews and other team discussion forums by providing recommendations on improving process and documentation, to maximize and share learning, and to optimize on a continuous basis.
- Contribute to new ideas for continuous improvement on our existing processes, collaboration, technologies and best practices
- Constant review and monitoring of all accountabilities and deliverables with team development lead, peers, and management
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
- 5+ years experience working on Internet projects and software applications
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field (Or applicable work experience)
- Deep experience and understanding of HTML(5), CSS(3).
- Deep experience and understanding of Mobile Web Development
- Deep experience and understanding Responsive web design (RWD) frameworks (ex. Foundation)
- Deep experience in developing and browser testing for - - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS/Android mobile and tablet browsers
- Strong experience with code versioning and build management tools (Git, SVN, TeamCity, Grunt, NPM, etc.)
- Experience with other web technologies (ex. Highcharts/Highstocks, Require.js, Modernizr, Respond.js, and other emerging technologies)
- Strong experience and understanding of User Experience, - Internet design principles, W3C standards, SEO, Web accessibility WCAG 2.0 AAA standards, and Windows and MacOS interface standards
- Team/collaborative mindset, have worked with large development teams
-Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
-Strong organizational and planning skills
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to present ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Mentoring/coaching skills, training and development of peers
What CIBC Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a team that continues to advance CIBC as the market leader in innovative technology
- An environment where you can build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broadening your technical knowledge and expertise
- An organization that focuses on managing and developing talent with exceptional training, rotational experience, exposure, and mentorship opportunities
- The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and our bank
- Workplace accommodation solutions and assistive technologies that remove functional barriers
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and employee banking benefits
- The opportunity to be involved in CIBC community investment and corporate sponsorship events such as Run for the Cure,
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role