Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's largest games, they deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front end, back end, and architecture roles.
• Create, enhance, and maintain mobile advertising SDKs in iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games.
• Share your knowledge of the mobile advertising technical ecosystem.
• Mentor teammates at all levels, fostering an innovative environment where technical excellence is nurtured.
• Review detailed designs from others, align with Zynga-wide technical vision, and exercise technical leadership on the team and overall engineering organization.
• Guide implementation of major revenue-generating features in Zynga games using our SDKs.
• Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
• Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess the implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
• Maintain a high degree of technical understanding of the product line and ensure team strategies reflect the needs of internal partners and teams.
• Demonstrate extraordinary coding and development skills, including critical review and improvements to software developed by other engineers.
• Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
• Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
• Drive and implement exceptional engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
• Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
• Provide production and integration support for Mobile Ad SDKs running in all Zynga Games.
• Design and implement integrations with multiple 3rd party mobile advertising networks and web services.
• A minimum of 10 years of software development experience, at least 3 of which needs to be in a Technical Architect or leadership role.
• Experience creating or integrating mobile advertising platforms.
• Expert knowledge in some combination of Unity, Cocoa, Objective C, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Java, Android SDK, HTML5, XML/JSON, and Git.
• Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Experience with mobile architectures, development, and deployment of popular apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store.
• Strong technical knowledge of ad delivery technology supporting mobile video and other rich media.
• Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems.
• Strong architecture and design experience with mobile clients and REST APIs.
• A thought leader with the ability to talk about the vision of where mobile and ad technology is heading. • Comfortable in a unix environment.
• Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent).