The Client Technology group owns a wide range of client side SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity that are leveraged throughout Zynga’s games, including Words with Friends, CSR2, Zynga Poker, Dawn of Titans and more! These SDKs range from abstracting interactions with social networks and channels, managing the In-App purchasing flow, and enabling a $200 million ads business that makes up 25% of Zynga’s total revenue. Even if you are a software developer in an adjacent industry looking for a change, joining the Client Tech team is a great way to get involved with consumer software, services, and games. Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
Life at Zynga
If you’re looking for a fast paced, results driven environment, you will be involved on the front lines from collaborating with game studios in the earliest stages of development to supporting the operations of our biggest live games. And you will be doing it with a seasoned team of professionals, all striving towards pushing the capabilities and quality of our products and technology. Zynga also provides competitive base salary, extended healthcare (medical/dental/vision), and plenty of perks like gym membership, meals and snacks, commuter benefits, and company-wide happy hours and activities.
- Create, enhance, and maintain mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Empires & Allies, and more!
- Drive implementation of major revenue-generating features in Zynga games using our SDKs.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Follow exceptional engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture.
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Demonstrate solid coding and development skills.
- Provide production and integration support for mobile SDKs running in all Zynga Games.
- Integrate with multiple 3rd party mobile advertising networks and web services.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience, at least 1 of which in a technical leadership role.
- Experience with with a combination of Unity, Cocoa, Objective C, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Java, Android SDK, HTML5, XML/JSON, and/or GIT is a plus.
- Experience with mobile architectures, development, and deployment of popular apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store.
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent).