Zynga seeks a Senior Software Engineer to oversee game and system scalability, performance, and network infrastructure for our back end services. In this role, the SSE will engage with various products and systems to drive and shape the way we manage the game-play of our players and ever growing data.
- Review network, application, and database changes for new and existing features and services.
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives.
- Work with various disciplines to provide technical insight of new initiatives.
-Participate hands-on in various pods to lead the design of systems.
-Evangelize, collaborate, and share technology across studio architects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of PHP, or a similar programming language
- Good understanding in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale backend web services
- Deep knowledge/experience with data architecture: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCache and Redis.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus