Ladies Learning Code is looking to add an organized, professional, thoughtful, and supportive individual to our fast-growing team.
We need someone who would like nothing more than to spend their days helping an innovative and business-minded not-for-profit stay organized and and on top of our lofty goals and important mission.
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide both direct support to our CEO, as well as support to our team and community. As a result, you will need to be organized, efficient, and attentive. Your understanding of time-management best practices and tools, along with your superb memory, will ensure you are able to manage multiple, detail oriented tasks.
No two days will be quite the same in this jobIn this role. You’ll need to be comfortable and excited to roll with the punches. Adaptability and flexibility is critical. You will need to be resourceful, responsive and reactive. For you, no task is too big or too small and you know that your job is to make everyone else's that much easier.
We are looking for someone who understands the unique value and learning opportunities presented by this challenging, varied role.
- Monitoring and responding to inquiries that come to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox
- Supporting executive correspondence and scheduling
- Data entry and simple data analysis with Excel
- Research and writing in support of executive thought leadership endeavours
- Providing support to the CEO and leadership team on special projects
- Communications support
- Providing social media support, as well as support on platforms like Eventbrite, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Auditing and maintaining our CRM, to-do list apps, job board, etc.
- Office tasks, such as ordering supplies, accepting and sorting mail, and maintaining organized storage systems
- Errands and shopping
- You have been working for 3 to 5 years and are looking for your next challenge
- You have experience working in environments where professionalism is of the utmost importance
- You have experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including executives (CEO, Board of Directors, etc.)
- You have experience working both as a ‘helper’, supporting others as they bring projects to fruition, as well as as a ‘leader’, spearheading your own initiatives
- You have been a sponge over the first few years of your career and bring knowledge of office administration to this position -- but you are keen to learn and grow in this role, as well
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Strong phone and email communication skills. You are confident, kind, and courteous -- and you pay close attention to things like proper grammar and spelling!
- A quick study who asks the right questions. You never present a problem without also presenting a potential solution.
- Excellent self-discipline. You are comfortable with self-directed work, needing little supervision.
- Leadership experience. You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with little background information.
- Knowledge of executive offices and non-profit environments. You have a basic working knowledge of the ‘insides’ of a not-for-profit organization and have experience working with high-level stakeholders such as funders and board members. As a result, you understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Tech-savvy. You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts. Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Passion for our mission. You have experience with Ladies Learning Code (as a volunteer or learner) and you are passionate about advancing our organization’s work.
- Reliability. You are honest, trustworthy, and display integrity in your daily decisions.
You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You need to be the type of person that is obsessed with organizing your schedule in order to successfully handle requests and track your time.
Working Hours & Environment:
This is a full-time position. Working hours are 10AM - 6PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as needed. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Work is conducted at our office at Queen & Spadina.