Our development team in downtown Toronto is looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals to work on new product offerings that employ a modern technology stack.
What You Will Do
- Build high-throughput, micro services-based distributed systems using your background with messaging technologies and service-oriented event-driven architectures.
- Contribute to the engineering process and culture, grow with and influence the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Become a key “go to” lead for technical challenges with the product
- You have a strong background in Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals.
- You have experience in software engineering for large-scale high-traffic, high-availability service-oriented architectures.
- You have extensive experience with software engineering best practices including coding standards and reviews, software configuration management, agile development and testing methodologies.
- You like the excitement of working in a fast-paced start up environment, enjoy continuous learning and finding a creative approach in solving problems. You are comfortable working independently as well as within a team spanning multiple regions.
- You are able to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner. You are possessed with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have the confidence to tackle difficult problems.
- You like to share technical knowledge and best practices with team members.
Ideally you have experience with event-driven micro services architectures using technologies such as AMQP / RabbitMQ and Kafka. Domain-driven design, graph databases, NoSQL with MongoDB and Golang development are all desirable, as are experiences with the Docker ecosystem and public cloud providers such as AWS. Some familiarity with DevOps practices and automation technologies is also beneficial.
We are a privately-held software company delivering innovative solutions to key players in the airline industry, helping them to streamline the business process and fuel new revenue growth.